01 April 2011

Yankee Candles

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to get your advice on Yankee Candles. I called into the shop a few weeks ago and was overwhelmed by the choice they had. I decided to buy a few small ones and test them out to see which ones I liked best before buying the full size ones. I learned they have "tarts" and "votives" (which I got 25% off on!). I picked up this lot:




There's a bit of a mix in there!! I also bought a little glass "Rolly Polly"!! I've tried the Strawberry Buttercream and French vanilla (which I liked) and Water Garden (which I wasn't mad about) Last week like a feckin eejet I opened one of the tarts and to my surprise there was no wick in it. I was like "Great" :( But it felt weird, and looked weird! I went on the website and disovered that the tarts are not actually candles, they are just wax to be melted on a burner. Felt like a right mog!! I must now buy a burner thingi. Anyone have any nice ones. I've only seen old fashioned not particularly nice looking ones!! There are some pricey enough ones on the website!

Prices:
Wax Tarts - €1.50
Votives - €1.87 (normally €2.50)
Glass Holder - €1.50

Here's a link to the Irish Yankee Candles Online Store in case you don't have a supplier near you and want to try :) If you have fallen in love with a particular scent, let me know and I'll try it out!! I love candles so will definitely continue to search for the perfect scent!

Slán!


Laura  xo

Follow @FitznBitz on Instagram!